On November 19, 2020, CBC Information Morning's Steve Sutherland interviewed a Nova Scotia youth and Legal Info Nova Scotia's Nicole Slaunwhite about consumer fraud and tips to protect yourself. Listen to the interview here.
If you suspect that you may be a target of fraud, or if you have already sent funds, don't be embarrassed - you're not alone. If you want to report a fraud, or if you need more information, contact The Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
Everyone can benefit from finding out what they can do to recognize, report, and stop fraud, and to protect themselves from scams. For tips about how to protect yourself, go to our Consumer Fraud prevention page.
For further information or to report fraud contact:
- the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre - http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/ or call 1-888-495-8501
- Partners Against Fraud: novascotia.ca/seniors/partners_against_fraud.asp
- Service Nova Scotia: novascotia.ca/snsmr/access/individuals/consumer-awareness.asp
- Canada's Competition Bureau ;
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada - http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/Pages/Welcome-Bienvenue.aspx;
- Privacy Commissioner of Canada;
- Better Business Bureau of the Atlantic Provinces;