It's In Your Hands: Legal Information for Seniors and their Families has legal information on the following topics:
- Abuse of Older Adults
- Adult Capacity and Representative Decision-making
- Dating and New Relationships
- Funeral Pre-Planning
- Grandparents' Rights
- Health Care Treatment and Consent
- Powers of Attorney
- Public Trustee
- Scams, Identity Theft and Other Fraud
It's In Your Hands was developed in partnership with Mount Saint Vincent University's Nova Scotia Centre on Aging.
We wish to thank the following for funding in support of It's In Your Hands:
- Employment and Social Development Canada's New Horizons for Seniors Program
- Nova Scotia Department of Seniors.
We gratefully acknowledge funding support for a new (third) edition of It's In Your Hands from the Nova Scotia Department of Seniors, Age-Friendly Communities Grant Program. We are currently updating the content of It's In Your Hands, and anticipate that print copies of separate sections, and a complete new edition, will be available in Fall 2018. In the meantime, please consult the online information in the individual sections above.