The Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia is a registered charity.
Our Charitable Registration No.107865735 RR0001.
Official receipts will be issued for income tax purposes.
If you would like to make a donation to LISNS, please either:
1. Click on the 'Donate Now!' button to make a secure online donation;
2. Mail your cheque to:
Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia (LISNS)
1663 Brunswick St.
Halifax, NS, B3J 3Z6
Like most non-profit charitable organizations, LISNS needs to raise funds from fundraising activities to bring in sufficient revenues to maintain programs and continue operations.
LISNS receives core funding from:
- Law Foundation of Nova Scotia
- Department of Justice Canada
- Nova Scotia Department of Justice
...together we can help make a future for legal information in Nova Scotia
How can I leave a legacy to LISNS?
1. There are many ways in which you can set up a gift to LISNS and give yourself large tax benefits right now. Speak to your financial advisor or call LISNS at 902.454.2198 to look at your options and benefits.
2. Asking for donations instead of sending flowers
This method of donation is very popular. Your friends and relatives will receive an income tax receipt for the donation in memory of you.
3. Leaving a bequest for LISNS
You can leave a donation to LISNS in your will. Simply indicate the amount and name LISNS as the beneficiary.
4. Leaving a portion of your estate
If you wish to leave the remaining part of your estate to LISNS after you have looked after your family and friends, please indicate so in your will.