This page provides information about the different free and low cost legal services that are offered by organizations across Nova Scotia. Services include legal advice and representation, legal information, and help with resolving disputes without going to court.

If you cannot find what you are looking for, please call Legal Information Nova Scotia's free Legal Information Line at 1-800-665-9779 or 902-455-3135, or email us at [email protected] and we will try to help.

Civil law (lawsuits, Supreme Court, Court of Appeal)

Copyright, Trademarks, Patents

Criminal law (See also: Prison law)

Debt and Credit issues

Employment, Employment Insurance, Workers' Compensation

Environmental Law

Family law



Income Assistance (Welfare)

Indigenous Justice Services and Information

Immigrants, Refugees

Land (Real Property) law

Name and Gender Marker change

Prison law

Renseignements ou conseils juridiques en français

Wills, Power of Attorney, Personal Directives, other estate issues

Youth services

Last reviewed: August 2022