5 year Justice Canada funded project in partnership with the NS Human Rights Commission
The Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia is a non-profit charity that gives you free information about the law and your rights and responsibilities. The Government of Canada, through the Department of Justice, graciously funds the pdf Workplace Sexual Harassment Legal Advice Program (204 KB) .
LISNS is proud to have the following expert team leading this project
- Dr. Wayne MacKay, Professor Emeritus, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, nationally recognized teacher and scholar, and accomplished author in the areas of Constitutional Law, the Charter of Rights, Human Rights, Privacy Law and Education Law
- Nicole Watkins Campbell, expert in plain language, sexual harassment training and communications
- Julien Matte, litigation lawyer & representing yourself expert, 2018 Canadian National Pro Bono Distinguished Service Award recipient
- Jesse Williams, Information Technology Expert
- Dean McNeil, Creative Solutions, providing creative solutions spanning branding, marketing and websites
- Lisa Neily, Graphic Designer
CBC Information Morning Interview about LISNS' Workplace Sexual Harassment Legal Advice Program
On November 17, 2020, Allison Smith, Coordinator of the Workplace Sexual Harassment Project, was delighted to be interviewed by Portia Clark on CBC Information Morning. In the interview, Allison speaks about the launch of this program, the harms of workplace sexual harassment, and our program's essential role in ensuring that victims of workplace sexual harassment across Nova Scotia are able to access legal help as they navigate their experience. Click here, to listen to the segment.
Online Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Training
We have developed these bookmarks to promote the program and free SHWP legal advice service