If you are a member of any other Law Society, please indicate which one(s):
Will you consider taking a Legal Aid certificate?
Do you offer coaching for self-represented individuals?
I will consider offering an initial telephone consultation, at my discretion
I will consider offering an initial email consultation, at my discretion
If appropriate, are you willing to meet with a client outside of your office?
How long have you been practising law (in Nova Scotia or elsewhere)?
Do you have any special communication skills (eg. ability to use sign language)?
Can you provide service in a language other than English?
Do you have experience working with particular communities (eg. equity seeking communities) or a practice focus that you would like us to know about in making referrals?
LISNS is sometimes contacted by media who wish to speak with a legal expert in a particular area of law. May we provide your contact information to the media?
Click "Yes" below if you would like your LISNS' Lawyer Referral Service membership to automatically renew each year. Your membership will continue based on the information you submit on this form, and you will not have to complete the Lawyer Referral Sign-up form again. We will still send you a quick email reminder around the renewal date, in case you need to make any changes to your membership.
Click "No" below if you do not want your membership to renew automatically. We will send you a yearly renewal reminder and ask you to complete the Lawyer Referral Service Sign-up form again in order to renew for another year.
You can contact LISNS at 902-454-2198 or firstname.lastname@example.org at any time if you have questions, wish to change or cancel your LRS membership, or do not wish to receive LRS related emails from LISNS.
I would like my LRS membership to renew automatically:
By submitting this form:
- you agree to have your name on LISNS' Lawyer Referral Service list
- unless there is a conflict of interest or the referral is otherwise improper, you agree to interview any person referred to you by the Lawyer Referral Service for up to 30 minutes at a charge of no more than $20 (plus taxes), to be retained by you
- you agree to discuss the cost of any additional services with the client during the initial 30 minute interview
- you acknowledge and understand that you are under no obligation to accept any case referred to you, other than the initial interview
- you acknowledge and understand that applicants are given the name of a lawyer on a rotation basis and that any applicant given your name is not obligated to contact you
- you confirm that you are a member in good standing with the Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- you consent to allow LISNS to send you occasional emails of interest to Lawyer Referral Service members (membership renewal, notice of LISNS events), and
- you agree to advise LISNS of any change of name, address, or practice status.
Contact LISNS at 902-454-2198 or email@example.com if you have questions, wish to change or cancel your LRS membership, or do not wish to receive LRS related emails from LISNS.