LISNS' LRS membership
The Legal Information Society's LRS is flexible. You choose what works for you.
You provide up to a 30 minute initial consultation for no more than $20 plus tax. It is up to you whether you charge the $20 fee.
You may decline a referral if there is a conflict of interest, or if you feel the referral is not appropriate.
You are not obligated to accept any case referred to you, other than the initial interview.
When you fill out the LRS Sign-up Form, tell us if you'll consider:
- remote services such as telephone, email or other online consultation
- flexible fee arrangements, if you and the client agree to go ahead, and you feel it is appropriate. For example:
- contingency fee agreement
- limited scope retainer
- fixed fees
- fees paid by installments
- lower fees than you generally charge.
- offering pro bono services. Please click here for information about offering pro bono services.
Unless you specifically tell us you'll consider providing pro bono services (details here), you are not expected to do legal work during the initial consultation, just discuss options and costs involved.
You can remove your name from the LRS at any time.